Did you know it is National "Walk to School " week from Monday 5th October until Friday 9th October?
How can I help?
- Walk to School with your child and discuss potential hazards such as driveways, junctions, parked cars and bends.
- Let your child suggest places to cross and discuss their choice.
- See if they know and can use the Green Cross Code.
I don't have time to walk!
- Park the car some way from the school gates and walk part of the way (Use our Park And Stride FREE car parks below!)
Bulbeck Road (West Street) Car Park,
Prince Georges Street Car Park,
East Pallant Car Park,
Town End House Car Park (HBC spaces only – not LiveLink Private car park spaces - limited availability)
The above car parks are available FREE to Fairfield and Bosmere parents/carers between the times:
- 8.20am to 9.05am (for morning school run) and 2.50pm to 4pm (for afternoon collection)
- Try to find time to walk with them at least once during the week
- Your child will qualify for a certificate if either option is taken.
What are the advantages of walking?
- The chance to teach important road safety skills which cannot be taught in a car.
- The chance to learn about the local environment.
- A chance to chat about the day.
- Less congestion at the school gate.
- A healthier way to start the day.